Monday, September 04, 2006

Religion 101


Have you noticed lately how many emails you’re in receipt of regarding groups (other than the senders of said email) who don’t agree with their own slant on philosophy or religion? Where do these things originate anyway? I personally know someone who insists that all Muslims are “ordered” to read a “secret” book and it dictates that they MUST kill all Christians! WOW …. ! Where does this stuff start? If I depended on this sort of informational nonsense I should be careful when entering into any convenience store or taxi. Mind you I’m not “bashing” convenience store owners or taxi cab drivers. After all, I’ve met some pretty nice folks who are employed by or owned these establishments. Oh yes, before it escapes my mind, I also have a doctor from Iraq. Imagine my foolishness to think that he hasn’t read the “secret book”! Gimme a break!

I’ve read some forwarded emails supposedly written by “staff members” of newspapers who have called for their own version of a “holy war” against immigrants from other countries. Wow! What an authority figure they’ve made of themselves. I wonder how these folks became “Canadians” and what their family backgrounds are? Even worse what if their last name ends in a vowel???? Another thing; I visited some of the “editorial” sites that these emails originated from and the author can’t be found on their site. I find that interesting… Somebody wrote an editorial for the Edmonton Sun and they aren’t employed there. I suppose that’s where the word “Staff Infection” really came from.

Then I notice that the next email I receive from the very same people who want to send these immigrants back to the homeland contain a few quaint quotes regarding God and how special He is in their lives and warn me that if I don’t forward THEIR email that I will receive 20 years of plagues and pestilence. Hey, I can get a much better deal by breaking a mirror and receive only 7 years of bad luck. Don’t threaten others because they refuse to forward email. Over the years I’ve noticed that men die for religion, fight for religion, and dominate other countries for religion. Isn’t it too bad these folks won’t live for their religion?

I know what you’re saying. What about the photos from England with all the crazy Muslims with the posters calling for beheading of local politicians and the sort? There are all sorts of groups that are hate mongerers. That still doesn’t give us the right to put all groups different than us in the same boat. I guess there was that same sort of thinking with the KKK during the past. I find that Radical Muslims are to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity.

Everybody assumes because they found something on the Internet then it’s the absolute truth.
Wonderful ... If this is the case then I can guarantee that we will have the opportunity to meet aliens not of our galaxy at 2100 hours on the evening of December 14 of 2024. Hey, I read it on the web.. it has to be true!!!

Enough of receiving hate emails and forwarding them to others shall we. If we insist on forwarding hate emails let’s make certain we have met “the enemy” in order to make a fair assumption of his or her guilt. I don’t really care if it’s a Muslim, Jew, Protestant or Catholic. This country is made up of many different folks just like you and I. I wonder what would happen if the tables were turned and some of the Irish (or any other ethnic group) were being persecuted for the works of a radical Irish group. I think the Irish who have lived in this country for three generations definitely would NOT want to be forced to find homes back in the Old Country.

1 comment:

Humour and last laugh said...

interesting blog.

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: