Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Chief Burke Re-Invents Himself


This audio tape was secreted to me by a confidante..... He is to remain anonymous.

Jo Anne: "Pat, it's time to get out of bed."
Chief Burke: "I don't want to go to work any more. I'm bored!"
Jo Anne: "C'mon, Honey.. don't start with the "I want to reinvent myself" talk again, shall we?"
Chief Burke: "Hey, what's wrong with re inventing oneself every once in awhile.. ? I still have visions of myself as a cowboy on a white horse."
Jo Anne: "Oh Pat, drink your coffee or you'll be late."
Chief Burke: "I really envy those other two fellows from Windsor, ya know?"
Jo Anne: "Who? Tapak and Percy??? What on earth for? They're not doing anything really different ya know? In reality they're just repeating themselves in order to do it right. It's a matter of repeating yourself. You keep doing something until you get it right... I think Bob has about three more picks as a Chief and then he'll finally get it right, don't you think? When you think about it...it's kinda like reincarnation... keep repeating until you getter better at it"
Chief Burke: "I suppose.... but if I cant be a cowboy then I want to be a doctor or a lawyer!!!"
Jo Anne: "Sweety; You were a lawyer remember?"
Chief Burke: "Oh ya... I forgot about that one.... see what I mean... I need something new to do with my life.... something easy yet pays well..know what I mean?"
Jo Anne: "Honey? you're the Chief.. remember... think about it... it pays well and is still pretty easy.... after all Percy is a kind of chief and he still likes it, right?"
Chief Burke: "I guess so"

Sound of phone ringing in background

Jo Anne: "Honey, it's the Fire Marshall's office... they want to talk to you.... they say it's important .. if you're not on the phone in 30 seconds they're going to call Tapak!!!! Hurry up."

No comments:

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: