Saturday, February 03, 2007

Underwear Filters?

Isn't it amazing what you find while surfing the net. This sight (below) actually sells filters for your underwear to stop the pleasant aroma of flatulence! Hey, I even discovered the proper name for this condition. It's called malodorous flatus! How smart can one person get? Who says you can't learn something new every day, huh? Can you imagine how much fun we could have had working with some guys in the past that were proud of this special "talent" by forcing them to wear this protective clothing. I bet we can even find this apparel in the OH&S Act if we search hard enough. After all isn't it all about the safety of the worker? I believe that constant inhalation of bad gases in the air is certainly dangerous to the worker, especially in the Fire Service! This type of filter is especially important in hazardous areas where flammable conditions arise. Below are a few descriptions from the page and also some testimonials. Check out the sight itself for a laugh. It's a GAS! After your convinced of the necessity of this type of clothing... I strongly suggest you contact the union to fight for your rights!!!! Remember;

F.A.R.T --- Find Air Refreshing Today!

http://www.under-tec.com/index.php

Under-Ease are underwear for protection against bad human gas (malodorous flatus) and are made from a soft air-tight fabric (polyurethane-coated nylon). To maintain the air-tightness, elastic is sewn into the material around the waist and both legs. A triangular 'exit hole' for the flatus to be expelled is cut from the back of the air-tight underwear, near the bottom. This 'exit hole' is covered with a 'pocket' made of ordinary porous fabric sewn over the 'exit hole'. This unique design forces all expelled gas (flatus) out through the 'pocket'.

Inside the 'pocket' is a high-functioning, replaceable filter - the core of the technology. This multi-layered filter is made in a sandwich-style, and begins with the two outer layers of wool felt. The second two layers are made of non-woven polypropylene and spun glass materials. In the center of the filter is a single layer of activated carbon. The filter is then covered with soft ordinary material to allow for easy replacement in or out of the pocket. The underwear are washable and will last approximately a year depending on the frequency of use and laundering. Each filter will last from several weeks to several months depending on the frequency of use and laundering. (See Wear and Care)"

Testimonials

"I am a clinical psychologist in private practice and it has been tremendously embarrassing when I pass gas while working; often with little or no control. The most embarrassing moment of my working career was when a client said,"It smells like sewage in here!" My professionalism melted when I admitted to the client that my gas was the cause of the smell."

"On one Thanksgiving night, as my husband and I were lying in bed after a wonderful dinner, the foul smell became unbearable for both of us. My husband ruminated, thinking,"I can't divorce my wife over this, but I have to do something." At that moment, he began to develop the idea of a pair of air-tight underwear with a filter that would eliminate the foul smell. For the next few months he researched filter materials and made a prototype of the underwear."

"My plane ride to and from Kansas, my dinner with the Doctor and co-workers in Kansas, and the clinics went over smooth and without odor. I did have gas but was relieved that no one else knew but me."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wilf Leblanc could have used a whole lot of these.

Jack Lodge RIP February 5th, 2017 LODD said...

Hey... I didnt want to say anything...lol.. but if the shoe fits.......: )

Franko said...

There is a much better product out there called the Flatulence Deodorizer by www.flat-d.com
it is an activated charcoal cloth pad that you place in your underwear, and it absorbs that malodorous flatus.

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: