Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Adventures of the New Deputy


Alas, another stolen audio tape that was delivered to me via an inside source. The following was recorded just after "Big Al" Reaume took over the reins as the second Deputy Chief's position.

sound of knocking on door

Old Deputy: Come in

BA (Big Al): Good morning, "Chief" (chuckle, chuckle)

OD (Old Deputy): Good morning, Al; can I help you with something?

BA: Ya, start clearing out your desk... I'm taking over the office.

OD: No way... I was here first!

BA: I know you were but this is where Pat used to sit and I want it. Besides, there's a new sheriff in town and I'm it.

OD: Gee, where did you pick that line up from???

BA: I got that famous line from Matt Beasley when he transferred to the Training Division years ago.

OD: Oh ok....

Sound of more knocking on door

BA & OD: Come in. (nice harmonizing)

New Assistant (Q): Hi Team, does anyone know where my new office is?

BA & OD: NO... come back in five minutes; were busy here.

Q: OK.... I'll be back in 10.

Sound of door closing.

BA: Now, let me see ... where will I put my new desk?

OD: NEW DESK????? You're getting a new desk????????????

BA: Of course; New Deputy equals New Desk; get it???

OD: Well... then I want a new desk too!!!

BA: No problem ... but you'll have to find a new office to fit it in... hahahaha.

OD: Hey, no problem ... as long as I get a new desk... I can work anywhere.

BA: Hummm... well, the hose tower is usually empty... maybe we can fit you in down there.....

OD: No way... I want a window in my office!

Sound of knocking on door

Q: Can I come in now?

BA: Sure.. welcome to the new team

OD: Well.... What about that new window????????

BA: Q, contact one the firefighters and see who installs windows and give them a call for the hose tower, ok?

Q: Sure; wow my first task as the new Assistant....

OD: Great.. I'll start moving some stuff to my new office.

Sound of knocking on door

BA (aka New Deputy): Come in...

Chief: Good morning BA; welcome to your new position; how are things going this morning?

BA: Just fine, Chief ... everything is under control.














Sound of phone ringing...


BA: Hello, New Deputy Chief Reaume talkin' at ya

Tapak: Hi Al... say, Pal, ... are you looking for a third Deputy Chief? I'm available you know.

BA: Bob who?????

Sound of phone ringing

Percy: Hi Al..... This is ....... Percy...

Sound of phone....

Click

And so... the tape ends at this spot... but clearly it will be continued... and a special thank you for all the inside sources that contributed to this story.... I do believe this is a home grown cell...lol.

No comments:

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: