Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mongo The Drummer

This reporter has just discovered that Mongo, the beloved Simian of Southern Ontario, has taken on a new endeavor involving his passion for rock & roll. When questioned about his newest adventure the beast answered, "Well, as you know, my lovely wife, Asteroid, has always loved rock music so I just figured I would please her and look into something different for awhile."


Mongo, employed for ages by the city of Windsor Fire & Rescue Services, has always been capable of "reinventing" himself over the years. "I kind of like to fashion myself after Madonna; she's always known how to change her appeal for the next generation. Besides, I just love it when she wears those leopard style outfits...it kind of makes me homesick in a way", sniffs the Silverback.

When asked what he had in mind with this newest adventure Mongo smiled and stated, "Wow... I had a gig with Phil Collins lately and did an audition with him at his studio. Some guys recorded it into a video... wow, I sure hope it gets some airplay on Much Music... hummmm... that would really provide some new publicity! I just love it when I get the chance to play drums anywhere; it reminds me of the days in the Uganda jungles and the sound of drumbeats far off in the distance."

It is quiet apparent that Mongo certainly loves beating the drums as testified in the short video below. You can almost see the far away look in his eyes as he pounds on the skins and he somewhat resembles Ringo Starr of the Beatles. Maybe it's the hair.

When last seen Mongo was in search of some Ben Gay for his aching shoulders.

Please click on video below to see Mongo's latest rendition of "Something In The Air Tonight" accompanied by non other than Phil Collins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just amazed at the talent that Mongo keeps showing us. I'm agape and awed. John, you have given us a gift with the discovery of Mongo ....although I know it has hurt you, very much, at times to show us the GREAT MONGO. Good Luck and may there be more discoveries in the future.

Jack Lodge RIP February 5th, 2017 LODD said...

Kind words and thank you sooo very much... ahhhh...yes it has been a sacrifice but I was glad to be able to present Mongo to the world and display the many vast talent the man, er, chimp possesses.

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: