Sunday, March 16, 2008

GPS for the Firetrucks




Hummmm… A GPS for every fire apparatus. What a novel idea and just imagine; no more pesky street drill training. I wonder how this is going to turn out. Here’s a little scenario.

Sound of alarm

Captain: Oh oh.. Here we go. Everyone know where we’re going?

Crew: NO and it doesn’t matter either because the taxpayers bought us one of those nifty GPS thingys.

Captain: Ok; I’ll take a look at the screen here; Hummm… geeeeez the writing is really little isn’t it?

Driver: Put your glasses on!

Captain: Oh yeah.. Ok, that’s better. Wow the writing is still kind of small. Which way is north?

Driver: North is that way (pointing)

Crew: (in separate voices) NOOOO… it’s that way (pointing in separate directions)

Captain: The streets are still too small to read anything.

Driver: Well, I can’t see the darned thing, I have to keep my eyes on traffic. We’re going to have to figure out how to get the traffic to pay attention to us.

Captain: Try using the air horn!

Crew: That’s your job, Cap.

Captain: Hey I can’t do every thing around here. I’m still trying to read the little map.

Crew: We’ll have to demand an automatic air horn puller from the taxpayers then.

Captain: Great idea, guys. Ok, how close are we now? Anyone got any idea?

Driver: I think we’re getting close.

Captain: How do you know?

Driver: I live next door to the house on fire.

Crew: Do you know the name of the family whose house is on fire?

Driver: Nope, never looked in the phone book.

Captain: Wow, we got here. Good work everyone… lucky we had this GPS thingy.


No comments:

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: