Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Freddy C Trips The Light Fantastic

This reporter has just discovered some hidden talents by none other than Fred Caverzan. Fred “Astaire” Caverzan, as he has become affectionately known, smiles as he dons his Patten leather tap shoes. When questioned about his new passion Fred proclaimed, “Well, I’ve been dancing for years actually. I used to trip the light fantastic usually around midnight after the rest of the guys had gone to bed.”

Apparently Fred was using the washrooms for his midnight excursions and then came out of the water closet to prance his way across the apparatus floor at the Departments’ headquarters building located on Goyeau St.

“I’ve always felt that as the hands of the clock on the apparatus floor struck midnight I was whisked away in the moment”, Fred sighed. “Why, I’ve always felt the need to dance the night away whenever I watched the old Arthur Murray dancing show during the 50’s on our old black and white television. I can even remember my mom looking at me a little strange at times when I would twirl on my tippy toes in front of the TV.”, laughs Fred. “Hey, I used to think Alice Lon on the old Lawrence Welk show was just absolutely wonderful. I tried to imitate her dance steps whenever I got the chance.”

When asked about his plans for the future Fred smiles and winks, “Don’t tell a soul but I’ve contacted Wayne Pestru (another dancing aficionado) and we’re getting together to see if we can get a job on one of those luxury first class ocean liners and teach people on board how to dance. Why, I can do a mean Rumba and my Fox Trot is second to none!”

When last seen Freddy was doing his imitation of Steve Martin’s ballroom dance with Gilda Radner from the Saturday Night Live show.

No comments:

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: