Thursday, June 20, 2013

John McLeod and the Checkered Overalls

I always enjoyed working with Captain John McLeod! What I didn't like was the punishment for well timed zingers that were directed at him. I remember working with him at the new #2 station at Richmond and Walker Rd. For some reason I always got more pleasure receiving punishment when all the crew were present.

One morning during coffee after roll call I looked at John and thought, “who does he remind me of????” The thought stayed with me and during soup the answer came to me. Good grief, he resembles the Big Boy guy in front of their restaurant on Tecumseh Road. So, being fearless as I was I asked him if he needed a part time job. He replied, “Not sure; what is it?”  I answered, “Well, Cap, if you have a pair of red and white checker overalls you can stand in front of the Big Boy restaurant with a tray and work for minimum wage!”

The rest of the crew laughed but a large can of whoop ass was opened especially for me. 

No comments:

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: