Monday, June 17, 2013

Zingologists by Ron Perreault

I recently received this one from Ron Perreault (my old boss...emphasis on "old"...lol... sorry for the delay Ron...pretty busy lately. Anyway...here we go


Jack;

        Your recent expose on zingers has stirred some long dormant figments of my melancholy memories of growing up in the wfd. Therefore, I feel driven to make a list of my all time favourite zingologists. I feel privileged to say that each of them took at least one shot at me (sometimes even to my face) and I know that many of your readers can say the same. So now, and in no particular order, it is my privilege to submit to you my nominations for a Doctorate in Zingology

1. The old Ottawa House Gang led by Des Mackenzie and Jack Gregg. (Boy these           guys could cut and they were the kings of the one liners)

2. Ken Rusling. (Ken was either taught by the Ottawa House Gang or by Pitou at #2
    I was never sure which but he was good with the comeback)

3. Terry Murphy. (Fast with nicknames and comic one liners but sometimes he  would wind himself up)

4. Joe Kato. (It wasn't so much that Joe was good but he would always end up shooting himself)

5. Bob Cooper. (Fast, caustic and pure pleasure but his victims always seem to end  up standing next to a dead spot)

6. Gerry Fader. (Part of his secret was that you were never sure if he was kidding or not and you were afraid to ask)

7. Bob Sorrell (Fast, deep and deadly. I don't know what they meant but guys use to say "Don't leave the room") (edited by Jack: Dave Stroud said you had to back out of the room)

8. Mike Anderson (A combination of the warmth of Don Rickles and the sense of         humour of Rodney Dangerfield)

9. Pat Burke (Long before the Deputy and Chief and Fire Marshal days was a brash         young silver-tongued young man with patches on his butt against the system.

10. Bob Tapak. (This ones for you Jack----------------------------------------- I'll let you fill in the blanks) (Jack: Too many to mention in this space.)

        Of course their are many more experts in the kingdom of zingdom, but I will leave it to your devoted readers for submission. Meanwhile it's almost time for my medicine. (No wonder I don't like to leave the house anymore, l think I'm shell shocked)

Take care guys and yes I miss all of you. Looking back, it was fun.


Ron Perreault

No comments:

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: