Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mongo Opens Furniture Store





This reporter has discovered that Mongo, the blond haired ape employed by the Windsor Fire & Rescue Services, has opened a furniture store. “I got the idea when Mike Anderson and Bob Carroll opened up their establishments”, stated the fuzzy one. “Hey, if they can do it then why can’t I?”

When inquired about his new business Mongo beamed, “When I heard that Bob was into “multi tasking” it hit me like a ton of bananas!! I can do this too, so I decided to open a combination furniture / stereo / rock climbing thingy”. When asked to explain how his new store operates Mongo kind of starts to drool, his eyes glaze over and develops this dreamy look that comes over him. This reporter has witnessed this “look” before and discovered that the “look” is mostly present when Mongo “slips away” and daydreams about long summer days in the mountains of the Kenya Reserve. “Oh, sorry”, quips the hairy one, “I kind of drifted off there for a second. Well, my business is very vast. In one section is the basic straw furniture like you’d see in this type of motif. We have lots of hammocks and those funny tribal masks that people hang on their walls. ”
As we talk longer Mongo appears to get more animated and continues
, “The other section is the stereo and home theatre stuff. With every home theatre system we sell we also give the customers a free copy of the movie Tarzan with Johnny Weismuller. Also, we give them a coupon for Zhers for a can of pineapples and a bunch of imported bananas. We got this customer service thing down pat”, beams Mongo.

As we toured the store Mongo introduced me to his “pride and joy” namely the Rock climbing section of the store. When asked about this section, Mongo said, “How do you like this set up? Here, check this out”, yelled Mongo and with one swift movement Mongo was half way up the wall and grabbed a plastic vine and swung around the section batting down model bi planes that were attached to the ceiling. “I love this! I got the idea from that old King Kong movie”, laughs Mongo. “Have you seen the new King Kong movie?”, he asks as he continues to swing nonchalantly around the store leaping from one plastic vine to the other. “I was the technical consultant for the new one”, he beams.

I wished him success with his new venture and left his new store. When last seen Mongo was busy picking his toes and had that dreamy look on his face again. Thinking of the Serengeti plains I would imagine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you have a death wish

Jack Lodge RIP February 5th, 2017 LODD said...

Hey, you only live once.. you might as well live it full throttle : )

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: