Saturday, March 11, 2006

Rudy Discovers His Old Ship


Rudy Heikkenin has discovered a blessing in Wiarton, Ontario. Being a former Merchant Marine swabby, Rudy was quite surprised when he accidently came across the ship he once spent time on. "I was turning around in the Beer Store parking lot when I discovered the ship", he says as a tear forms in the corner of his eye. "I haven't seen the old girl for ages", he cried, "My antlers were little nubs at that time", he laughed.

"I used to be the cook on that old girl. A lot of the guys used to kid me a lot about the food being awful. I knew they were only fooling around though.", Rudy states. "Although I couldn't figure out why most of the guys were rummaging around looking for the Tums or Alka Seltzer an hour later. I also found it strange that there were a lot of the guys sitting on the can and a lot of groaning going on about the same time.", he laughs. "Those guys were quite the kidders. They were always doing stuff like that".

As he stared at the ship Rudy noticed that they had renamed the ship to The Reindeer. In the photo you can barely make out the name of the ship but Rudy is sure that they changed the name in memory of him. "Awwww, that's one of the nicest things that ever happened to me", he lamented. "Maybe I'll go and see if I can take a quick tour of the old tug."

When last seen Rudy was approaching the ship while it was making a hasty retreat for open water. The Beer Store was locked prematurely in the middle of the afternoon for some unknown reason.

No comments:

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: