Monday, January 16, 2006

Communication problems


Communication problems.............

Is it me or is there a huge communication problem between the department and the retirees? For example, our old friend Harry Soumis passed away and the
Communications Center sent an email out to the stations and Association at 8:45 AM on Sunday. I received a message Sunday evening from Paula Hillis asking me if I had heard about Harry's passing. Apparently Jack Hillis had received a call that Harry had passed away on Friday at some time. I sent out emails to all of you including the stations and the Association to determine whether this was true or not. It was interesting after the service that Don Renaud only found out about Harry's death by reading the obits in the Star. In reality that wasn't much warning for us to be notified. The question begs the answer: Why weren't the retirees notified? Mind you, this isnt the place to find fault with any one person or group; but, rather to find a solution to this growing problem. I find it ironic that Harry worked more with us retirees than he did with the present Fire & Rescue Division and yet we were the last to be notified. I would like to see some positive comments about how this communication problem can be rectified.Ok... you're turn.. let's hear from you!

1 comment:

Jack Lodge RIP February 5th, 2017 LODD said...

I think putting me on the distribution list is a perfect fix, Jill. That would close the gap considerably. Thanks so much. Take care
Jack

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: