Saturday, January 14, 2006

I received this last year and didn't have a chance to print it... but it's pretty funny. It just gives us an idea what is important to other people.

The phone rang in the fire department dispatch, and the caller immediately began talking.

"I'm 78 and a widow," she said, "and I have such a bad back that it is very hard for me to work in my garden. I..."

"Where's the fire?" the dispatcher interrupted.

"...have put in a very nice garden, in spite of that, with lovely zinnias all around the border, and it's growing quite nicely which is a good thing, the way grocery prices are these days..."

"Hey!" yelled the dispatcher. "Is your house on fire?"

"No, it isn't," replied the woman, "but the house next door is, and if anyone calls you about it, I don't want your people stomping around and dragging hoses through my nice garden. Do you understand?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just loved that story, of course being a gardener I can understand.
Wonder if any of the guys remember me setting the chimney on fire at the house on Pulbrook in Windsor in the middle of Winter {Doug Patterson's} I made some pies for # 6 firehall after that {there were a few tears in them.}

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: