Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ring Ring


(Ring Ring)

“Hello?”
“Is this Chief Tapak”?
“I think so, can I help you”?
“Yes, this is the city administrator for Kapuscasing”
“I see.”
“I notice you haven’t worked for us yet. Would you be interested in taking on the role of Chief for our village”?
“Mmmm… Im not sure… how much does it pay”?
“What does it matter”?
“Im just curious, that’s all”
“From what we’ve heard you’ll work for anything… even food”
“Well… it is hard to keep up my life style while on pension.”
“I understand completely. So, would you be interested”?
“Ya, I think so. I’m getting tired of working for La Salle.. ummm…no wait, I haven’t worked there yet. Let me think… Amherstburg.. ya, that’s it… no wait… that’s wrong too… Aha… Belle River… yepper, that’s where I currently work.. I think.”
“Well, I believe your right, Chief.. I called the Belle River Fire Department but they told me you had a couple of days off and were quite concerned that you might be out there pounding the sidewalks looking for work”
“Naww… that’s just a rumour (loud voice in background… “Bob, there’s someone at the door… I think they want you to work for them somewhere. The man is wearing a uniform)
“Shhhh… quiet, Mary Ellen! Well, it sounds pretty good so far. I’ll call you back”
“Sounds good, Chief… talk to you soon”
“That would be great… by the way… how many stripes will I be getting on my new uniform”?
“I believe 5 is the going rate.”
“Welllllllll…. Can you bump it up to 6? I think I deserve 6 stripes by now after all my experience”
“(Sigh) Of course, Chief… bye for now”
“See ya… HEY, Mary Ellen.. pack up…were moving!!!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lmao!

Fire Find

Fire Find Search Fire Find - Be specific: Try FDNY or Los Angeles Fire. Search for: